Week 13: Reconsidering the Superhero




Superheros were, is and always will be my jam. it was more of the pinnacle of storytelling that i want to portray in any comics that i ever wanted to write, draw, whatever it really started with Hellboy, i think it was my finest moment in my life when it comes to comics when i owned "Seed of Destruction", others and a hand full of B.P.R.D comics too. hellboy was to me, my childhood hero alongside mike mignola and gealmor del toro ive always stand by the role of the hero in a supernatural gothic setting its my roots in my case really. Hellboy despite his appearance and heritage stands with mankind with a solid goal in mind when ever in the faces of undead nazis, golems or vampires that good will always prevail even when facing the apocalypse itself.  To me this is romance, the superhero venue and all its turns is the most enticing practice ive evern witness, though DC marvel, dark horse, image and so there are countless comics i could indulge myself into.

Sandman is another comic i very much recently found about and oh boy i ate that up like nothing, its just another gateway for me for me to write my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Twelve - Comics by Women

Week Two - Understanding Comics

Week 14: the future of comics